Thursday, January 24, 2013

Six Word Memoir #5

Photo Credit: Jane R.
When it comes to big draws, games, contests, etc. I haven't been too lucky. One day, a friend and I decided to grab some hot beverages and warm up at Tim Hortons. Just think of my excitement when I finished my coffee, chewed on the rim of the cup (in attempt to unroll it,) and saw something other than "Thank you for playing." or "Please try again." I was so excited!!! You may be thinking, "but Jane, you just won another coffee..." and yes, you are in fact correct. However, it wasn't about the prize itself, it was about the satisfaction of actually getting one. In the end, I gave the free coffee voucher to an old man writing in a journal in the corner of the cafe. He seemed a little lonely, and I figured that a little act of kindness could make his day.

No comments:

Post a Comment