Thursday, January 24, 2013

Six Word Memoir #4

Photo Credit: Random Family Member
This six word memoir is a confession near and dear to my heart. As you may already know, I immigrated to Canada almost 10 years ago, leaving my family behind. This means that I've grown up without grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. around me and haven't seen anyone since. I have changed and grown a lot over the past decade (as would be expected.) The unfortunate thing is that living on the other side of the world has drastically shaped the person I am, and I am extremely worried that this person isn't what would be accepted by the traditional views of my family members. I figured that the best way to visually represent this memoir is to use a photo of who it is I'm referring to. I decided to protect their identities by cleverly blurring their faces, and turned the photo into black and white so that I could have an intense contrast between the photo and the red lettering.

No comments:

Post a Comment