Friday, December 28, 2012

Personal Addition #7 - Snail Mail

As quick and convenient communicating over technology may be, there's still absolutely nothing like receiving mail! It is so much more personal - it takes thought and effort - and it just brings me excitement and joy. It's a little silly, really. When I know that something should be coming for me, I find myself checking the mailbox every time I happen to be by it... like an addict. My reasoning for this is probably the fact that until recently, I didn't get much in the mail. C'mon, the dog used to receive more letters than me! (Though they were from the vet...)

Anyways, I guess the purpose of my writing this is to draw attention to how enjoyable "snail mail" can be and to make sure that our generation doesn't ignore it or look past it all together. In the end, it doesn't have to be something that's extremely time consuming or a burden. I'm sure that just a simple greeting card with a little message could put a smile on anyone's face!

No comments:

Post a Comment